Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mic Fun




one of our parenting desires is to raise our kids to be able to enjoy and appreciate the simple things in life .......





Thus it delights us so much to see Gracia having hours of fun with her fav little toy mic she uses to lead us into "worship" every morning when I play her CD.

She would dance and sing to all the songs " Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world....." ( the toy mic costs $0.60 from the market..wa haha)

Recently we got her a new interesting mic - "Echo Mic" ($1.90)



one fine day, I picked it up and started singing to her ( in my own tune) ,

"Gabriel is a good boy ...... Gracia is a lovely girl...... "

She got so excited and took the mic from me and started singing in her own tune...


" Mummy is so pretty pretty pretty! "





I was so pleasantly surprised by her sponteneous words of positive affirmation. =)


I realised that she's learning so much from what I model for her and it's a timely reminder that I need to always speak words of affirmation to my loved ones.


It's my prayer that God grants me the grace that I will always use positive words to my children DAILY . And when it comes to discipline, my tone will be firm but not harsh=)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HmmMmm.. :)
Haha. The mic looks like a giant mic (ref to photo with Gracia and mic), with Gracia seemingly looking smaller than the mic. ;p

Cute!
haha

-Jolene-

Sunshine said...

ha.. yeah, the size is quite comical... =)