Thursday, October 21, 2010

and the kids helped out.....

My mother in law is finally making the much loved LAKSA!!!!!


There's lots of preparation for this yummyicious dush so instead of going to my new place as earlier planned, I decided to stay and help out my mother in law . Sometimes I am really amazed by her ability to whip up such a "tedious" dish and she never muttered a word of complaint or call out for help. Such is the love she has for our family.


Why tedious,... she actually had to grind many secret ingredients the day before to prepare the chilli paste . On the evetnful day itself, besides preparing the 2 pots of laksa gravy for the whole family , there's 2 chicken to shred, 20 over bolied eggs to peel, fishcake to cut, prawns to peel.....

this time round, I roped in the G kids to help... with the eggs and they sure impressed me with their diligence and SINCERITY in helping out... and of course, they had fun!!!!

hmmmmm....... and for memory sake , I also took a photo of a bowl of the home made laksa......




No comments: