Wednesday, December 06, 2006

celebrate the uniqueness of every child


"why she cry so much before she sleeps not like xxx's baby who sleeps so easily " , " why she ....? ,

These were some of the many comparisons I used to make about Gracia with the other babies whom I met and read about . Often I was left frustrated and dissatisfied and sometimes even felt like a failure as a mother becoz of my unmet expectations of how Gracia should behave.

I forgot that the Lord created Gracia as a unique individual with a personality of her own. Instead I was trying to "force" her into my mental mould of an ideal baby rather than celebrating her uniqueness.

Gracia is a very sociable baby and company makes her very happy. Her smile always melts my heart =)


Yes, mothering has become so much more enjoyable when I learn to celebrate the uniqueness of all my children, that includes my beautiful spiritual daughters too.






To my spiritual daughters , each of you are so different and unique. You are very special in your own ways and I thank God for each for you. I pray for the lord 's grace to grant me the wisdom and love to nurture you all to become beautiful mothers in your own ways as you mother multitutes in your days ahead.

2 comments:

pascoaman said...

congrats on the "opening" of your blog! clap clap clap....

Sunshine said...

ya, maiden steps in blogging ...=)