Friday, December 29, 2006

Mothercare

Just today, I suddenly felt overwhelmed with emotions when I was not able to go for a gathering at Belle's place for a family potluck time.

It dawned upon me that I was lonely and longed for fellowship with my girlfriends and sisters . For an extended time, I was so caught up with meeting Gracia's needs-esp having to wake up almost every other hour in the night to feed her ( she's probably teething also , thus the discomfort interrupts her sleep, and mine).

I guess I've neglected my own needs. These feelings are also probably intensified as the struggles of not returning back to work re-surfaced again ( have taken another six months no pay leave). Please dun misunderstand, I thoroughly enjoy taking care of baby Gracia ( she's so cute) but the other side of me also yearns to be in a community of adults again , to have the freedom to go out have lunch to eat at my fav stalls at Ah Moy, to enjoy the silly jokes with my collegues......

Picked up a book "The Mother Load- how to meet your own needs while caring for your family" that I borrowed from the library but left on my shelf for a looooooog time. I realised I have to finish it by today coz today is the DEADLINE!

It was a wonderful time of rest... coz it seems that I hadn't had time for myself for the longest time... just the extended time for myself (reading ) brought so much refreshment.

Also, while I am sharing on this blog, one of my dear sisters Stella offered to drop by my place (before heading for Belle's place) to visit me and also help me. SO, I can go to Belle house afterall !!!! Thank you Lord, you know my innermost thoughts and struggles and you send help so timely.

I thank God for reminding me that I need also to take care of myself , to wait upon the lord and receive so that I can continue giving. I thank God for the the space he created for me this afternoon with my baby sound asleep. I thank God for the "angel" He sent in the form of my dear sister , Stella to help me so that I can go to Belle's house tonight afterall =)

It's a wonderful reminder today that I need to take care of myself emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually so that I can take good care of my daughter in all tis same aspects . Gracia needs a happy mother to raise a happer Her =)

Thank you Lord for reminding me the need for SABBATH.. to find rest and find myself in the midst of all the "CHOAS"

No comments: