Saturday, June 14, 2008

Baby Gracia has turned 2!


Wow..... finally starting to blog again... being a full time working mum is really challenging, to be able to sit by the computer to blog is truly a LUXURY!

Hurray, now I am working part time and should be able to still squeeze time to blog .. will kick start this new season with highlights of Gracia's birthday with my first entry!!!!!!!
Yup Yup... my little darling has turned two... and tho many books label this stage as the "terrible twos" , I think it's just about adjusting to the fact that my once little baby who had been passive about every decision has now started to develop her very own opinions and unique personality ... =0

I'm so proud of her, she's grown into a beautiful toddler ( reserving the term " lady" for later stage) who learns to be more aware of not just her own needs but also others. Once when I almost fell down, she leaned to me and asked " you ok? ... careful careful " and tried to help me up.But not all days are as heartwarming I must admit. There were times that I needed to beg God to grant me patience as I "battle" with her " No No No" to bathing time, sleeping time... etc.


But through this whole year, it has been a joy, despite my own roller coaster ride as I juggle between a Full time working mum and a Full Time Mummy. AS I see how Gracia has blossomed my deepest gratitude goes to My Family .

I wouldn't have been able to survive if not for my FAMILY ,
  • my wise , loving and patient hubby who partnered with me in raising Gracia ( teaching, bathing, etc..everything I do, he also does), spend nights up just to let me rattle about every worries / thoughts I have to release the stress, and not forgetting the prayers he lifts before the Lord for me..



  • my parents , sister and mother -in - law who helped to share the load ( & joy) of bringing up Gracia while Johnson and I were at work

  • Gracia's cousins , aunties and uncles who comes very thursday to play with her and just be family to her...

  • My spiritual family at church who welcomes her and dotes on her in everyway they can..

As Johnson and I celebrate her 2nd birthday, we are so thankful for the family that has been behind us to raise and nurture Gracia together with us ......I truly believe that it "takes a kampong to raise a child".



Here's some pictures to share with you :







Ain't she cheeky? =p





Her doting yee yee, Ma Ma & Gong Gong who inspires her with a passion for music through all the songs that they teach her at home


Gracia's nie nie who brings her to market every morning and has made Gracia very popular with the uncles and aunties selling foodstuff at the market!






Gracia's cousins -her favourite regular thursday playmates when everyone comes over for dinner!








Gracia's playmates in church - Elsie and Anna Poh . There's never a dull moment when the Poh sisters are around her =)















Gracia with aunty Stella -one of the most patient and endearing aunties in church who is every ready to entertain her always, even during service =P

My cell gals, Qingxiu, Joey, Winnie and most recently, Lori who helps to take care and play with Gracia every sunday esp when I have to do ministry duties!





On behalf of Gracia, her daddy and mummy wanna thank you for being such a wonderful family and blessing to her =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Sis,

noticed some spelling errors in the blog entry about Gracia turning 2. ;p
(nevermind. But think next time it would be better to do a spell-check after having written a blog, etc.)

Enjoyed reading the blog entry. =)
Thanks for sharing! =D

-Jolene-