Friday, September 05, 2008

Gabriel - my son

Yup, this handsome boy is my son.. was telling my husband that it sounds so strange yet so heartwarming that we now have a "SON " =) It's a wonderful feeling =)


Gabriel - means "God is my strength " , "man of God".

Johnson and I have prayed for a name and since we prayed ,there had not been another name that we wanted for our son except " Gabriel " , right up to the day of his arrival.

Along the way, during the later term of my pregnancy , I was experiencing much struggle in certain aspect of my life that had caused me sleepless nights where I would be crying out for the Lord to help me in those struggles.

The Lord encouraged me during that period, thru the song

" We serve a God who is faithful , He will never fail, when I'm in the desert, He's a river of Hope ,

We serve a God who is faithful, His faithfulness prevails, Lord I put my trust in you...."

Thru the song, I found the courage to face the challenge again and just at that moment, God reminded and affiremed me of the name Gabriel and the reminder that God is always faithful and in trusting in God's faithfulness , God will be the strength of our hearts.

We believe that this is the special blessing that Gabriel will bring to our lives and all around him !

No comments: