Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gracia and her little brother


Ever since baby Gabriel came, Gracia has been very affectionate in welcoming Gabriel....
Of course there are times that she only want my exclusive time without Gabriel...that I totally understand =)

So thankful for her... she has made the transition easier than I tot.....

Gracia's really a darling..... thank you Lord for a wonderful, sensitive and teachable daughter..

Mummy, take a break, I'll take care of di di


Gabriel close up...

For those daddies and mummies who would also be going thru this same transition in introducing their babies to their toddlers, here's a short sharing of what Johnson and I did to prepare Gracia.. which we believed helped in the transition....

1. while preggy with baby, we already introduced baby gabriel to gracia and everynight after praying for Gracia, we would invite her to pray along with us for Gabriel

2. In my personal time with Gracia, would tell her that she's gonna have a little brother and together mummy will need her help to care for di di. Guess this gave her a sense of responsibility.

3. Gracia also accompanied us to every visit to the gynae where Johnson will tell her excitedly that di di is "on screen". This got Gracia very excited too.

4. Forseeing that there would be times we would need additional help to care for Gracia while Johnson and I would have to be away for Gabriel's sake ( eg during the delivery and in hospital, during the one month confinement where I would need to rest and breast feed Gabriel), we began to let Gracia get used to staying over at my mum's place months ahead.

5. At the hospital, where Gracia was going to meet Gabriel "live" for the first time, I made sure that she would not see me carry Gabriel when she walked into my room =)

6. Pray pray pray for wisdom!

No comments: