Thursday, July 03, 2008

Just in time....

Ever since I started to work part time, i.e only 50% of the work week ( part time).. my pay has also correspondingly decreased to 50% ( ah but then????? )

It's quite a fair bit of adjustment as I have become very consciously aware of my spending habits and have held back buying many things I would have easily spent on in the past. But there's something which I really needed to get but have struggled to buy even in a sale... maternity clothes.

This little miracle & blessing within me ( due early september) has thankfully been growing healthily and bigger and stretching most of my clothes to the max!!!! But with only 2 months to go, I really can't bear to buy any more maternity clothes esp since they aren't really cheap..=P

I passed by the maternity shop at Hougang Mall the last Sunday morning and saw that the clothes were on sale and going only at $20.. but yet, I can't bear to buy so as to save the money for other more important household things. I walked away a little sad ............

(PS : just to clarify, my hubby would very willingly buy for me just that I didn't want our money to be spent on things that I can help not buying as far as I could)


But GUESS WHAT , God surprised me when I went for Sunday service that afternoon! Johnson and I just stepped into church when my G12 sister, Belle ( also a pregnant mummy with her baby due in Dec) walked over and passed me a small bag.


"Nah, I packed some maternity clothes just for you " she said.

I was deeply surprised within, actually I really forgot whether I ever shared with her on this need, even if I did , it was probably jokingly done and many months back.

Then shortly after, one of her cell gals, Kai Yun returned Belle a bag of her maternityclothes that she borrowed during her pregnancy. And Belle just transferred the WHOLE BIG BAG of maternity clothes to me!

I really felt very touched and thankful within esp to receive this at a time that I was really in quite bad need for maternity clothes.=P

Through these 2 angels, I really felt the Lord 's love affirming me that He knows my needs and WILL SUPPLY ALL my NEEDS according to his glorious riches....( Phillipians 4:19)

Actually I have been meditating and claiming this above verse for the past weeks and the Lord has brought it into reality for me this week.

Would also like to share with you a song that has been keeping me strong as I adjust though all the changes in my life this season:


I serve a God who is faithful

He will never fail

When I'm in the desert,

He's a river of hope



I serve a God who is faithful

His faithfulness prevails

Lord I put my trust in you.



I serve a God who is faithful and true

I will hide in the shelter of your wings

For I find my rest , in your faithfulness

Lord I put my trust in you.




And even though this life may bring

heartaches and pain,

but through it all

I cling to you and call out your name!!




Being affirmed of the Lord's faithfulness gives me new strength to face the challenges ahead =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sis, :)

greetings! :)

The Lord will indeed provide as He has shown His provision to you through Belle's giving of maternity clothes just when you needed them. :) Bless God! :) He is indeed a good and faithful God! :) And I am touched by God's love and provision in your life, through the simple act of giving of the maternity clothes (just like how the serving of a glass of water, just a glass of water, is commended by Jesus - Matthew 10:42)!

God saw you, knew how you feel (about the intention to buy something at the mall) and knows what you are thinking about. Hence He answered your need through the generosity of others. :) Amen! Praise be to GOD! ;D

Anyway, bless you to keep your mind on Jesus and keep your thoughts on Him. Having that deep trust that God will provide and He does provide! :D

I don't quite flow with the thought of having that expectancy towards God (something which I hear from worship in song during morning svc at FCBC), because I understand that we cannot force God or impose upon God to do things. But we can present our requests to God, with an open attitude to let God have His freedom in doing whatever He wants in our lives because He can be trusted! :) Yet (still thinking about the topic of expectancy towards God), we can expect good things from God and that He comes when we believe and wait upon Him... and I mean, wait... in stillness of heart... upon Him. :)

Believe for God to provide for you, Sister! :)

I can understand how you feel and think, when you share that if you ask Johnson, he would freely buy the things that you want for you. But you have other considerations about spending, which is valid.
Do not worry. :)

And sometimes, when we somehow don't allow ourselves that priviledge of choosing the easy way of having the things which we want, we may just learn to be more thrifty (which is a good thing), learn to be contented (which is godly) and live a more simple lifestyle where there's less hassle. :)

Think in line of if something is a 'need' or a 'want'? :)

But it's also good to give ourselves that treat once in a while! :) H A H A! :) ;p

Bless you with Philippians 4:11-14, "11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength. 14Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles."

From my point of view, about Paul's sharing (as above), when he shared about being able to do all things through Christ who gives him strength, he could be referring to being able to be content through God who enables him to, when he do things in God's strength and not by his own strength. :)

We, as Jesus Christ's believers, are taught to be Christlike. So, the Christlike way of living is godliness with contentment, as "...godliness with contentment is great gain." (1 Timothy 6:6) And I believe that living a Christlike life fulfills God's will for our lives as we are to live out God's will for our lives, as believers. :)

Take care now. :)

Regards,
Jolene