Thursday, April 09, 2009

giving grace

I received an sms from Gracia's teacher after school that A new little boy in class hit Gracia on the face when Gracia stared at him. His mummy sends her apologies to me.

I was having lunch with Gracia then and was a little surprised that Gracia did not mention anything to me.

Me : " Gracia, did somebody hit your face today?"
Gracia :" yes, a boy hit my face ... BUT he said sorry already"

I was surprised by her response.

Often, if someone offended us , we would complain about the wrong does agst us and get justice for ourselves. Thus her response caught me by surprise, so much grace she extended . To her , this chapter is closed with his apology. No need to know why he did it or getting back at him by asking mummy to get "justice done" for her.


A timely reminder for me to give grace to the people around me who have affected me negatively regardless if it was intentional or not. Life is too short to be trapped with bitterness . Moreover, those who may have affected us may not even realise or remember . in any case , nobody's imperfect anyway . I am grateful to Jesus and my loved ones who have given me grace when I have been and very often, less than perfect ! Let Go of all my grievances ! Do es not matter even if no apologies! Life is too short to be trapped in bitterness.

I like what my mummy taught me, " Happy is one day, sad also one day, might as well enjoy each day happily ."

2 comments:

Belle said...

You know why? Cos she is called GRACia...:P But it's like mummy like daugther lah... Well done mummy!

Sunshine said...

yeah.... Gracia is actually a spanish word for Grace .

thank you for your encouragement =)