Thursday, April 02, 2009

Re-commisioning the Shepherd

Been tough lately with much discouragement and disappointment in ministry, this song kept me focused on the one thing in the midst of my pain, every night ever since ,

Jesus shall take the highest honour
Jesus shall take the highest praise
Let all earth join heaven in exalting
the name which is above all other names
Let's bow our knees in humble adoration
At his name every knee must bow
Let every tongue confess He is Christ God's only Son
Sovereign Lord we give you glory now
For all honour and blessings and power
belongs to you, belongs to you
For all honour and blessings and power
belongs to you , belongs to you
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God
It's a humbling journey coz I learnt that my hands and love can only take the pple I care and mentor thus far, only Jesus can touch and transform lives.
I thank God coz He knew that the discouragement was eating up my desire to believe that I can be a sheperd of lives ( even to my children, I am almost about to doubt that I can raise them up well).
He knows and surprised me during the recent YouthNet Leaders' retreat . Just when the retreat was coming to an end, my dear Pastor ( Pastor Eugene) declared the RECOMMISSIONING OF us as SHEPHERDS and this very song was played.
To me, I know it's an affirmation and encouragement from above that He believes in me and wants to recommission me as a SHEPHERD.
I cried , I was so touched by His reality and timeliness of his message to me. =)

No comments: