Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Free from Fear .....freedom as a daughter

My meditations on Galatians .........

"You are all SONS OF GOD through faith in Christ Jesus for all of you who were baptised into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ......if you belong with Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Gal 3 :26-29

Lately the lord has been reminding me of who I am to Him, HIS DAUGHTER. When I was reading Galatians, this verse sprang out to me affirming me once again that I AM HIS DAUGHTER. Not only that, this time, it also states my INHERITANCE through the promise to Abraham.

I went back to read Genesis ...

" I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you. " Gen 12:2-3

Wow, what a blessing! Lindee will be a great nation and Lindee's name will be great and all peoples on earth will be blessed through Lindee. It sounds overwhelming but yes, it's true and God will fulfill his promise just as He did for Abraham and Sarah ...... SUPERNATURALLY! ( Gal 4:23)

As I reflect on the challenges that I faced recently in coping as a mother to all my daughters, the lord's word above spoke new confidence in me.

How easy it is to be gripped with fear when we face challenging and difficult situations of our lives when we dunno know how things are going to turn out and whether we have what it takes to make it thru.. How often we are driven by fear to face the responsibilities and tasks before us.

But the Lord is affirming me once again for the 3rd time of His father's heart to bless me as His daughter in a SUPERNATURAL way.( ya, this is His third time affirming me- once thru my meditation on 2 Cor2 :14 , 2nd time by Ps Melvin' in his sermon week before last week and then once again in this devotion in Galatians) .

Thank you Lord for the relevation of your father's love for me, that I may face every challenge in my life with full confidence that you are with me and I will see you work supernaturally in my life to be a blessing . Regardless of how difficult things may be , I will not let fear rob me of my joy and freedom in living as your daughter.

"It was for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm , then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery " Gal 5:1

No comments: