Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Lord i wanna be just like you...


excerpts from a song by philip,craig and dean that sings my heart's desire....




" Lord I wanna be just like you

cause she wanna be just like me

I wanna be a holy example

for her innocent eyes to see

help me be a living bible, Lord

that my little girl can read

I wanna be like you

cause she wanna be like me "

Lately, been faced with many challenges as I mother my spiritual children too... there's so much I wanna do for each of them but so little time but the lord reminded me to look beyond my limitations and continue to give from my heart ...=)
the rest of the song so aptly describes how I feel ....
"Got to admit I've got so far to go
Make so many mistakes and I'm sure that You know
Sometimes it seems no matter how hard I try
With all the pressures in life I just can't get it all right
But I'm trying so hard to learn from the best
Being patient and kind, filled with Your tenderness'
Cause I know that she'll learn from the things that she sees
And the Jesus she finds will be the Jesus in me
Right now from where she stands I may seem mighty tall
But it's only 'cause I'm learning from the best Father of them all"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.