Tuesday, January 23, 2007

when it doesn't seem like victory .....

" Declare the areas in your life that you want to claim victory for this year " I led my spiritual children in this faith exercise during our cell time just abt 2 weeks back.....

For me that night, I declared that I will be a victorious mother - both physically and spiritually , and left cell feeling high about being victorious. But it was from then on , the challenges that threatened my victorious spirit surfaced..............

"Gracia's crying again to be fed for the 3rd time and it's 4am!!!!!!!!" By then, I was totally exhuasted and my frustrations got the better of me and I told daddy johnson that THAT"S IT... I'm going to IGNORE her cries. Instead of reprimanding me, daddy just gentle pat me to sleep and lovingly told me that he'll take over.

I lost my cool , I felt defeated... is this what a victorious mother should be ? I felt mocked at , like an inner voice telling me ' haha what kind of victorious mother are you???'

I took some time to just meditate in the lord's presense and remembered a message from Ps Khong recent sermon To be ALWAYS thankful. thatI realised God was doing a deeper work which my physical eyes cannot yet see but only a thankful spirit is able to see the beauty of God's blessings unfolding in the midst of the challenges... I saw the depth of love demonstrated by daddy johnson thru his patience in coping with a frustrated mum and crying baby. How blessed I am to have such a loving husband. And I realised the lord was teaching me about "PATIENCE".














I learnt that....A Victorious spirit comes from resting in the confidence as the Lord's daughter allowing Hin to lead me to victory as He do a deeper work in me , it's not a high emotion neither is it demanding victory on our conditions. Thank you Lord for your grace in revealing to me this nugget of truth.


No comments: