Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I am a VICTORIOUS daughter of the Lord

"But thanks be to God , who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him " 2 Corinthians:14
One of my spiritual daughters was sharing with me recently that she feared that she may lose her job due to some changes in the HR policy and was asking God why did He put her there if it means that the position may not be a permanent one afterall.
I pondered for some time , waiting upon the lord as to how to reply her (ya didn;t wanna reply with some airy fairy reply). I felt the lord brought me to the verse that we are claiming as a church for this year of victory, 2 Cor :14.
As I meditated upon the verse, felt a resonance in my heart that YES, GOD wants to bless us ( HIS CHILDREN) and lead us to victory always so that through us, pple around us will see and testify of the reality and goodness of our lord!
Another thing that spoke to me was, I am the daughter of God, surely He will bless me .
I drew an analogy with Gracia. I looked at her and really want to give her the best I can give her - endured the earlier breastfeeding blues( and pains) to give her the best nourishment ( BREAST MILK) for her 1st 6 mths ,constantly evaluating my parenting style to ensure that she will be an emotionally secure baby, constantly thinking of what toys will interest her and develop her well intellectually etc . If I ,an imperfect person can desire and do so much to bless my daughter, how much more my heavenly father!!! =)
So as I reminded my spiritual daughter of this verse again, I was sharing with confidence that whatever the circumstances, however uncertain, we can have confidence that we will have a victorious life ahead because of our heavenly father who will always lead us into victory and through our lives, many will come to know Him!

No comments: