Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Counting the cost.. and yet .....

My collegue just called me and asked me if I was free tonight as she wanted to deliver some cakes over. I asked her what's the occasion and she shared with me that this was a collective treat from all my collegues who got promoted including her .

"Really!!!! Congratulations !!! " I replied .

She then asked me how I was getting on and what I was doing.. " ohhh, I'm treasuring all the remaining time I have with Gracia before I go back to work in June. Am out with her for a walk to find her favourite bird friends and do some grocery shopping"

After I hung up with her, i felt a tinge of sadness... Why did I feel this way? Thank God for the walk, I enjoy strolling (esp with my hubby and baby Gracia) coz it has a therapeutic effect on me and it's usually during my strolls that I can sort out my inner thoughts.

I guess I felt a sense of "loss" . I've given up a year of my career to care for baby Gracia and I felt that I have lost the opportunity to be promoted along with my peers and perhaps I 'm lagging behind now.

But hey, wasn't that the cost that I had prepared myself for a year back when I decided to take no-pay leave to care for baby Gracia? Haven't I counted the cost and decided that I was still going ahead to answer my call to motherhood and dedicate quality time to nurture Gracia at least for the 1st year of her life?

So has it been worthwhile? I would say ........................ YES!!!!!!

During this period of fulfillling my call to motherhood, I have also GAINED much becauseI had the opportunity and dedicated time to BUILD my FAMILY.


Just a few days back, I wrote down what is my purpose in life and this is what I wrote :



To multiply and be fruitful in the Lord's Kingdom -->

To build strong Godly families ( both physical and spiritual family-find & build my 12 )



Just as it is written in Genesis where God shared what was on his heart when He created man...



"Be fruitful and increase in number..." Gen 1: 28



With that , I look back and realise that I have so many thanksgivings... Here are some of them..


1. I have been there every moment for baby Gracia everytime she needs her mummy to breastfeed her, console her when she's lonely or afraid, play with her ever since she was a helpless baby to a now more independent baby.



2. I have experienced the excitement of seeing her many "1st times :.. like, her first smile, her first wave, her 1st tooth, 1st crawl etc. And the famous saying goes ," you can never turn back time, she's only a baby ONCE" and I was able to enjoy those times!

3. Extended time with my own family as I return home to my mum's place twice a week ( stayed whole day at my mum's place)so she can to co-babysit Gracia. Enjoyed catching up with my mummy and daddy esp since i stayed out after i got married ( have many fond memories when us go shopping together with baby). Many things in my family needed breakthrough , was able to be available as pillar of support to my family thru the difficult times...

4. Am closer to my mother in law whom I'm staying with. This extended period of time at home had fair doses of delightful and frustrating times (coz of different culture and values). But I've grown to understand her more and appreciate her for how much she dotes on us and how hard she works to keep the family together .



5. Had opportunity to catch up more with my spiritual FAMILY thru lunches, teas, and MSN!!! ( tho I still wanna meet up more often) ( will put up more pictures)

The above are only SOME of the thanksgivings .. and hmmmm.. I really think that I have GAINED much more that I thought I lost! =)

I conclude - my work/career is only a means to achieve my greater purpose in life... it is not an end in itself. I dun live just to have a successful career!

6 comments:

Johnson said...

So proud of you, wifey!!!
I'm blessed because of you...

Nona Ooi said...

amen. very very encouraging to read this post, and hear your heart on all these.

pascoaman said...

MT19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

mirabop said...

Philippians 3:7-8 'But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things'.

Am proud of you sis! And you know what, i want to follow you to do the same for my kids in the future. =)

Sunshine said...

Gee, Thank you all for your encouragement !

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.unblocksproxy.com]UNBLOCK AIM PROXY [/url]

If , perhaps you want to bypass a proxy server, be it while at work or at school, you have two options open up to you. The first is straight forward and easy and involves only your web browser. The second is a bit more complex but could be necessary if the first solution does not deliver.

Should you be lucky enough, bypassing the proxy at your work or school may be as simple as disabling it in your web browser. Check the internet connection settings of your web browser and check to see if the proxy server details are put in place in your web browser. Whenever they are, try to disable them and connect to online again. Many timesthat with some luck the proxy server is disabled but you are now able to access the web normally.

Many schools or offices block specific websites (such as social networking or classified sites) and furthermore this is usually why you may have trouble accessing them. They did this usually with the goal of stopping students or employees from wasting valuable time online visiting unproductive websites. However, your school or office does not and cannot block the entire internet. Instead they block specific websites determined by their site link. Therefore, you are free to access a proxy server which then redirects your connection to your desired website allowing you to access the blocked website even from work or school.

To bypass a proxy server, first check to see if your web browser at work or school is setup to access the proxy. Disable it and try again. As a last resort, you may need to setup your own elite proxy in order to access websites while at work or school.

[url=http://www.unblocksproxy.com?BYPASS+MYSPACE]BYPASS AOL PROXY [/url]